Don’t go to the local mattress store or furniture store to purchase a mattress without checking online resources. Many of the new mattress designs come from companies that market online. It is fine to check out local mattress suppliers, but do it with a little knowledge gained from research.
There are five types of mattress construction to consider and, within each category, there are many variations and hybrid mattresses. Why not check out mattress guide sites and mattress rating sites before narrowing down the mattress choice?
Mattress Construction Types
No more settling for a firm or plush innerspring mattress with a box spring foundation. Foundations aren’t really box springs anymore, and innerspring mattresses have lots of competition. In addition to innerspring mattresses, there are memory foam mattresses, latex mattresses, air beds, and waterbeds or gel-based mattresses. In addition, there are hybrid mattresses that combine the different technologies. Each type of mattress construction has seen improvements in materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Memory foam mattresses can be used with a box support or on a platform base. No innersprings are used. Several types of foam are layered to form a comfortable, long-lasting mattress.
- Memory foam is used on top, and it is supported by traditional foam. There may be several layers of different foams with each serving a purpose.
- Innerspring mattresses are still popular worldwide, especially ones that have memory foam layers on top. They may have motion transfer issues.
- Latex mattresses that use natural latex are highly rated but costly.
- There are fewer makers of air mattresses and waterbeds, but there are advantages to both types.
Pricing And Mattress Marketing
In addition, the price is not the best indicator of quality. Some mattress manufacturers have chosen to market their mattresses online saving money on middlemen in mattress outlets. Since it is a good idea to check out mattresses by laying on them to check the comfort level, this raises a few issues with buyers. But, read about it online and a person can see what other buyers thought.
To overcome the problem of no testing before purchase, these mattress companies offer generous trial periods and return policies. There are even manufacturers that offer custom-made mattresses. Checking out mattress guides and rating sites online can also be a good way to eliminate the poor-quality mattresses.
There are hundreds of quality mattresses at different price levels to choose from. For more information, go to the website.